Jan 18, 2010

January 18 - Isaiah 12

Isaiah 12 ends the first subsection of Isaiah. Isaiah is typically divided to two main parts chapters 1-39 and 40-66.

And appropriately, after all that has happened in the past few chapters, we respond with praise and thanksgiving. (Ahaz rejects God, the people face destruction yet in the midst of punishment God gives them hope- hope of the Great King, Jesus Christ.

As you reflect on the past few days of the new year or even on your life, what is your response?

A song came to mind as I was reading (an old but great worship song that sounds similar to Isaiah 12)
Let us give thanks to the LORD for all He has done and tell all the nations of His mighty deeds!

Psalm of Thanks by Andy Park (Vineyard Music)
Give thanks unto the LORD, call on His name
Give thanks unto the LORD, call on His name
And sing to Him, sing praise to Him
Call upon His holy name

And rejoice in the Lord, rejoice in the Lord
Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice (2x)

Verse 2:
Tell all the nations what He has done
Tell all the nations what He has done
Tell of His mighty deeds
All His mighty deeds
Glory in His holy name

1 comment:

  1. I think this is so much cheerfuler than the other chapters! Is this after all the destruction of Jerusalem and stuff ? Are all the Israelites back home and everything ?
    And I guess my reflection on my life recently tells me that, even though a lot of it isn't exactly joyful, God always helps me and gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete