Jan 28, 2010

January 28 - Isaiah 22

Just because God loves you doesn't mean He won't clean up your act... We've read so many oracles regarding other nations and now we've come to God's own people, Judah.

So, what happens if someone brought you something to eat - like your favorite dish of pasta. It's like a gift to you. You should eat it as it is usually because this is something they did for you. And, let's say that this pasta dish is really good - like there really isn't much you can do to make it taste better. But, this is what you do. You taste the pasta - say thank you and take it into your kitchen and fix a couple of things and change it. You pretty much offend the person who gave you this awesome meal.

Well, Israel was given Jerusalem and basically they took it upon themselves to fix it their way and by their own strength, depending on their own wisdom. Verses 10-11 talk about how they tore down houses to build walls and built a reservoir between two walls.. kinda like a moat to protect themselves from invaders.

What the Israelites have done is -- Thank you God for this life but I'll take it from here. I can take care of myself.. and basically if it's not God's way then it's not a good way.

We all have moments in our lives, even as believers, when we say - thanks God for the ride but I'll take it from here.. As I write this the song "Jesus take the wheel" comes to mind...

Lord Jesus, take the wheel.. You take the lead. I will follow.

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture and the song. I heard that song before somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jerusalem has been facing more of an emotional crisis-- at least, thats what I think.

    ReplyDelete