Feb 18, 2010

February 18 - Isaiah 43


I AM your Savior!
Can you imagine God as the mighty warrior (perhaps the dude in 300 the movie) declaring with an awesome voice - "I Am your Savior"? Pretty crazy, huh?

Well, that's exactly what is going on here. God is Our Redeemer... and how timely of a message is this as we begin the season of Lent (first day was yesterday -Ash Wednesday).

v. 4 "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."
How much more precious can you get???

v. 11 "I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior."

v. 18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
God works in so many amazing ways - ways we cannot even understand. Sometimes he works in ways we don't expect.. Forget about how God has done it in the past or how things should work.. God does things his own way and in a new way

v. 21 "the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise"
If you ever question why you were created.. here is the answer!

v. 25-26 God blots out our sins... try to state your case.. are you innocent? really?

As we enter into the lenten season (which really just means spring).. let us remember our Savior who blots out our sins when we are not innocent.
Let us come humbly before our God and enter into 40 days of deep humble meditation, contemplation, thanksgiving and sacrifice.

What will you fast during this season of Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment