Mar 22, 2010

March 22 - Mark 6:30-56

Who Will Care for the Sheep without a Shepherd?

Many times, we see something that can cause danger like a tree or an orange cone on the road. Or, we see a homeless person asking for food.. and we pass by thinking - the next person will take care of it. The next person will give them something to eat... Someone else will share the gospel with them? It'll eventually happen.
How many of those thoughts do we have daily?

I've had quite a few. I could've said something. I could've sat down with them for a moment. I had a nice thought -- maybe I can give them my umbrella.. the thought comes and then goes..

Well, Jesus says to us.. "You give them food." But, with what? I have nothing.

Jesus has given the disciples authority to cast out demons and heal the sick.. Would feeding the people be such a big act?

Where is the faith of our God who can move mountains with just His words?

Where is the faith of the God who can heal a person hundreds of miles away (centurion's story)?

Our GOD is big. He can calm the waves.. He can heal the sick. He can feed the hungry and He can change lives.. So,the next time you have a gracious thought.. maybe it is from the LORD. Will you have faith enough to get out of the car and do something? To sit down with your friend to share a life-changing story?

And Emet (my son) says this in response:
waqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqop90;;;;/]================-{{P"=]'''']=
}[/lop;÷¬¬¬`€!dsxz

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. awwwwww emet's so cute :)

    and yeah god is REALLY REALLY big.
    and i think i will hav enough faith.
    i just hav 2 start believing and trusting in god more than ever.
    we all gotta hav enough faith in Him because he IS big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our GOD is big. He can calm the waves.. He can heal the sick. He can feed the hungry and He can change lives.." amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus provides us with the evidence we need in order to know he is the Son of God and he is our Savior - His miracles. I always loved reading what Jesus does, but it saddens me to see the people still do not believe in him. I agree with Minna. Our God is big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this story. :)
    It makes me really happy to know that five thousand MEN (not including women or children), came to hear the word of the LORD, and that through their faith and Jesus Christ, they were able to have food for everyone, in including lots of leftovers. I would sure like those leftovers-- food of the Son of God. :D

    btw, the emet part was sooooo cute! :3

    ReplyDelete